Brian was on Global News TV today (Sunday May 30th 2022) talking about the Petition for Canada Post to introduce a semipostal stamp for Canadian Refugee Relief
See Brian on Global News here. There is 15 second advertising clip first.
Sign the Petition on change.org here
There are so many good reasons for Canada Post to issue a semipostal. Not least the sums of money that can be easily raised for Ukrainian Refugees.
- Ukraine has historic ties to Canada.
- Canada is the first country to recognize independent Ukraine.
- Canada has invited unlimited Ukrainian refugees.
- Ukraine is asking Universal Postal Union members for support.
- The United States Postal Service recently reinstituted semipostals for charitable purposes and sold over a billion Breast Cancer semipostals.
- Ukraine sold out a million Russian warship stamps.Canadians want to help.
- The post offices can serve people who may not be able to donate online.
- The United Nations is issuing a stamp in conjunction with World Humanitarian Day in August.O
- ther countries have already issued Ukraine support stamps and are raising money for refugees and orphans.
- It is a chance for Canada Post to show global leadership and give Canadians another opportunity to voluntarily support Ukrainian refugees who are coming here anyway.