Brian was on Global News TV today (Sunday May 30th 2022) talking about the Petition for Canada Post to introduce a semipostal stamp for Canadian Refugee Relief
See Brian on Global News here. There is 15 second advertising clip first.
There are so many good reasons for Canada Post to issue a semipostal. Not least the sums of money that can be easily raised for Ukrainian Refugees.
- Ukraine has historic ties to Canada.
- Canada is the first country to recognize independent Ukraine.
- Canada has invited unlimited Ukrainian refugees.
- Ukraine is asking Universal Postal Union members for support.
- The United States Postal Service recently reinstituted semipostals for charitable purposes and sold over a billion Breast Cancer semipostals.
- Ukraine sold out a million Russian warship stamps.Canadians want to help.
- The post offices can serve people who may not be able to donate online.
- The United Nations is issuing a stamp in conjunction with World Humanitarian Day in August.O
- ther countries have already issued Ukraine support stamps and are raising money for refugees and orphans.
- It is a chance for Canada Post to show global leadership and give Canadians another opportunity to voluntarily support Ukrainian refugees who are coming here anyway.