||This specimen coin set commemorates 75 years of conservation in Canada with Ducks Unlimited Canada. Like others who have purchased previous specimen coin sets, you will praise the set's unmatched finish, quality and packaging.
The $1 coin features the Blue-winged Teal, a very small dabbling duck found in wetlands, prairie potholes, and shallow ponds across Canada from late spring to early fall. The second most common duck in North America at the turn of the century, the Blue-winged Teal is a long distance migrant that travels from its North American breeding grounds to overwintering sites as far south as South America. This long flight makes it one of the last duck species to arrive in Canada in spring and among the first to leave in autumn.
This coin set is ideal to begin someone's coin collection - order yours today!
• With its unique aureate dollar only available in this set, it continues to be one of our most popular gifts.
• Includes the $1 dollar coin featuring the Blue-winged Teal.
• The specimen finish is a three-fold combination of brilliant and frosted relief on a lined finish background; a finish unique to the Royal Canadian Mint.
• Each coin in this set has been individually inspected to ensure that it meets the exacting standards of the Royal Canadian Mint.
• Includes five uncirculated Canadian coins of various denominations.
• Limited to 50,000 sets worldwide.
• First specimen set without the penny!